Del Mar Introduces Additional Mandatory Payout Day for Rainbow Pick 6
When Del Mar kicks off its 83rd summer season on Friday, horse racing enthusiasts will be met with an exciting change in the wagering menu. Del Mar will now feature an extra mandatory payout day for its popular Rainbow Pick 6. This brings the total number of mandatory payout days for the wager to three, adding to the anticipation and excitement for horseplayers. The Rainbow Pick 6 is a unique jackpot wager that requires bettors to correctly select the winners of all six races held on a given day.
The Jackpot Format and Payout Structure
The Rainbow Pick 6 at Del Mar follows a jackpot format, which means that the entire pool is paid out to a single ticket holder who successfully picks all six winners. In the event of multiple winners, Del Mar redistributes 70% of the pool among the winning tickets and rolls over the remaining 30% into the jackpot pool. This format creates thrilling possibilities and the potential for substantial winnings, attracting horseplayers from diverse backgrounds and experience levels.
Increased Popularity and Excitement Among Players
The introduction of mandatory payout days for the Rainbow Pick 6 at Del Mar has been a resounding success. Bill Navarro, Del Mar’s director of mutuals, remarked that these afternoons have been tremendously popular among players. By lowering the minimum wager for the Pick 6 to just 20 cents, Del Mar has provided smaller and mid-level bettors with the opportunity to allocate their bets across a wider range of races. The mandatory payout days, accompanied by the substantial pools they generate, have captured the imagination of fans across the entire spectrum of horse racing enthusiasts.
Del Mar’s Continuation of Successful Wagers
Del Mar is not only introducing the additional mandatory payout day for the Rainbow Pick 6 but also maintaining many of its successful wagers from the previous year. Among these are several multirace, horizontal wagers that have garnered widespread popularity among bettors.
Early Pick 4 and Late Pick 5
One of the featured wagers is the 50-cent Early Pick 4, which encompasses races 2 to 5. This wager allows bettors to predict the winners of four consecutive races, providing an exciting challenge for both novice and seasoned horseplayers. Similarly, the Late Pick 5 covers the last five races of the day, giving bettors the chance to showcase their handicapping skills and potentially walk away with substantial winnings.
Win-Place-Show Parlay and Last Four Races Pick 4
Del Mar is also reintroducing the popular Win-Place-Show parlay, which is available for a minimum of two races and a maximum of six. This versatile wager provides bettors with different options to spread their bets and increase their chances of success. Additionally, the track brings back the Pick 4, which covers the last four races of the day. This particular wager has gained recognition as one of the most popular Pick 4 bets in the country, often amassing pools exceeding $1 million on weekends.
Early and Late Pick 5
The Early Pick 5 mirrors its Late Pick 5 counterpart, offering horseplayers the opportunity to select the winners of five consecutive races. These horizontal wagers provide an excellent way for bettors to engage with the full slate of races and potentially walk away with significant winnings.
The Super High 5 Wager
In addition to the multirace wagers, Del Mar is bringing back the Super High 5 wager, which takes place during the last race of the day. This bet presents a unique challenge as bettors are required to predict the top five finishers in the correct order. If no one successfully selects the winning combination, the pool carries over to the following day’s final race. To trigger a payout, the final race must have at least seven runners. Del Mar has lowered the minimum wager for the Super High 5 from $1 to just 50 cents, allowing more bettors to participate and potentially claim the prize.
Del Mar’s Summer Season and Track Schedule
The highly anticipated 83rd summer season at Del Mar commences on Friday, offering three days of thrilling horse racing action. The season spans several weeks, operating from Thursday to Sunday for the initial five weeks. The festivities culminate in a five-day racing week that concludes on Labor Day, September 5th. The final weekend of the season returns to a three-day schedule, running from September 9th to September 11th.
Del Mar’s introduction of an additional mandatory payout day for the Rainbow Pick 6 brings even more excitement to the summer season. The popularity of these payout days and the jackpot format has attracted a wide range of bettors and created substantial pools that could result in life-changing winnings. Combined with the continuation of successful wagers from previous years, Del Mar promises a thrilling and rewarding experience for horse racing enthusiasts throughout the season.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does the Rainbow Pick 6 jackpot format work?
The Rainbow Pick 6 is a unique wager that requires bettors to correctly select the winners of all six races held on a given day. If there is a single winning ticket, that ticket holder receives the entire pool. In the event of multiple winners, 70% of the pool is shared among the winners, while the remaining 30% rolls over into the jackpot pool.
2. What are the benefits of the mandatory payout days for the Rainbow Pick 6?
The mandatory payout days for the Rainbow Pick 6 at Del Mar have been immensely popular among players. By spreading their bets across a wider range of races, bettors have the opportunity to compete for substantial winnings. These days attract a diverse spectrum of horse racing fans and generate sizeable pools that add to the excitement.
3. What other wagers are available at Del Mar besides the Rainbow Pick 6?
Del Mar offers a variety of wagers to cater to different preferences and betting strategies. Some notable wagers include the Early Pick 4, Late Pick 5, Win-Place-Show parlay, Pick 4, Early Pick 5, and the Super High 5. Each of these wagers provides unique challenges and the potential for significant payouts.
4. What is the schedule for Del Mar’s summer season?
The summer season at Del Mar begins on Friday and features three days of racing. It then operates from Thursday to Sunday for five weeks, concluding on Labor Day, September 5th. The final weekend returns to a three-day schedule, running from September 9th to September 11th.
5. How does the Super High 5 wager work?
The Super High 5 wager requires bettors to correctly predict the top five finishers in the correct order for the last race of the day. If no one successfully selects the winning combination, the pool carries over to the next day’s final race. To trigger a payout, the final race must have at least seven runners. With a lowered minimum wager of just 50 cents, more bettors can participate and potentially win the prize.